SWAN BREWERY TANK RELOCATION
BREWING TANK REFURBISHMENT & RELOCATION
CLIENT: LION NATHAN
SECTOR: FOOD & BEVERAGE
SCOPE OF WORKS
In 2013, Lion Nathan resolved to close the Canning Vale operations of the iconic Swan Brewery and move production interstate. The Swan and Emu beer brands and keg production would be transferred to the company’s West End Brewery in South Australia. Austline Fabrications was engaged by Lion Nathan to complete the following scope of works;
- Remove 4 fermenting vessels used for beer production in Canning Vale
- Refurbish and modify the vessels to suit cider fermentation with modifications made to the cones, nozzles and jackets
- Load and transport the vessels to South Australia
- Install the tanks at West End Brewery in AdelaideLOGISTICS
The sheer size of the vessels required extensive logistics planning for the removal, refurbishment and transportation to the new site.
Each vessel was;
– 150 thousand hectolitres
– 18 metres tall x 4.2m diameter
– 20 tonnes
Austline, as part of TFG Group have extensive experience in food & beverage installation projects and were able to deliver and install the refurbished tanks at the new West End site in Adelaide.